1.3 Planning and managing agent liquidity
Is usage of your services low because agents are often out of cash or float? But does it seem complicated to avoid these liquidity shocks? In this eWorkshop you will learn how to work with your MIS and your colleagues to help agents improve the way they manage their liquidity.
- Working with the system and colleagues to prepare an agent liquidity plan
- Negotiating with colleagues to make plans feasible for agents
- Getting agents to understand and use their liquidity plan
- Monitoring agent liquidity and helping to resolve problems
This online eWorkshop is a highly interactive, professionally facilitated learning event built around an exchange of experience among peers. The course is designed for people who work in busy jobs, have limited access to computers and work in environments where internet is slow and not always reliable.
For the duration of the course (5 weeks), participants must have:
- Time to study 1 hour a day, at any time during the day or the evening
- Access to a computer, tablet or smartphone with internet during that 1 hour
- Field staff directly responsible for managing agents (e.g. channel banking officers, branchless banking officers, mobile banking supervisors, agents reps etc.)
- Branch managers and supervisors responsible for providing leadership to the introduction and expansion of digital financial services in their area, and for supporting field staff
- Head office and regional staff supervising and supporting the above
*The minimum number of participants per course is 20.